If you were charged for Driving Under the Influence (DUI), it may be in your best interest to consult with a criminal lawyer Denver CO trusts like Richard J. Banta of the Law Office of Richard J. Banta, P.C. He has extensive experience handling DUI cases and may help you build a strong defense. With a skilled lawyer like Richard on your side, you may feel a little more at ease about your situation.
Consequences of a DUI Conviction
A DUI is a serious offense and can carry some harsh penalties. Here are the consequences you may face with a DUI conviction:
- Suspended Driver’s License: If you get convicted of a DUI, the judge will most likely suspend your driver’s license for a long period of time, as a criminal lawyer in Denver CO can attest. Without a license, you may have a harder time getting to work and other important places. You may have to rely on family and friends to give you rides when public bussing is not available or practical.
- Fewer Job Opportunities: As a criminal lawyer Denver CO respects can explain, there may be fewer job opportunities with someone with a criminal record. Many employers are apprehensive about hiring candidates with criminal backgrounds. You may have even more trouble getting hired at jobs that require you to drive a vehicle.
- Strained Personal Relationships: If you get convicted of a DUI, it might also hurt your relationships with your friends and family members. They may view you as less trustworthy and want to spend less time around you.
- Fewer Housing Opportunities: A criminal lawyer Denver CO counts on has seen individuals with DUI convictions have difficulties finding places to live. Many landlords perform background checks and might think twice about renting to someone with a criminal background. They may fear that these individuals could bring trouble to the apartment complex and endanger other tenants.
- Higher Insurance Rates: With a DUI conviction on your record, you can expect your auto insurance rates to skyrocket. Insurance companies consider people with DUI convictions high risk and often charge them higher insurance rates. Your insurance company might even choose to cancel your coverage altogether.
What to Expect During Your First Consultation With a Criminal Lawyer
During your first meeting with a Denver criminal lawyer, he may need to ask you background information about your case. He may also ask you if you have previous DUI convictions on your record. It is important to answer each question truthfully. If you leave out important details, your lawyer may not be able to effectively help you.
If you have questions you’d like to ask a criminal lawyer Denver CO depends on, do not be afraid to voice them. For example, you may want to find out if you have a good shot at winning your case and how long the entire legal process will take.
If you are searching for a criminal lawyer Denver CO offers, contact the Law Office of Richard J. Banta, P.C. at 303-331-3415 to request a free consultation.