If you were bitten by another person’s dog, you may want to consult with the best dog bite lawyer Denver CO residents trust. Richard J. Banta, P.C. has helped many dog bite victims receive justice for their injuries. With a lawyer like him on your side, you may have a peace of mind about your situation.
Steps to Take after Getting Bitten by a Dog
Getting bitten by a dog can be downright scary. However, what you do immediately after the incident can impact your ability to recover damages for your injury. Here are the steps you may want to take after getting bitten by a dog:
- Obtain the Dog Owner’s Contact Information: The first thing the best dog bite lawyer in Denver CO would advise to do is ask for the owner’s full name address, and phone number. This person may be held liable for the damages, and it’s important to have his or her contact information with you.
- Take Photos of the Wounds: Be sure to take clear photos of your wounds as soon as possible. These photos may prove to the court that your injuries actually did occur.
- Talk to Witnesses: Did anyone else see you get bitten by a dog? If so, don’t hesitate to obtain their contact information. Your best dog bite lawyer Denver CO clients respect may ask them to testify on your behalf in court.
- Get Medical Attention: It is important to see a doctor about your dog bite injury as soon as possible. Dog bites can lead to infections and other complications if they aren’t treated promptly, as the best dog bite lawyer Denver CO residents rely on can attest. Also, if you do not get medical attention right away, insurance adjusters might believe you are truly hurt and try to deny your claim.
- Follow Your Doctor’s Advice: After a doctor examines your dog bite injury, he or she will determine the best possible treatment option. Whether your doctor recommends surgery or antibiotics, you should follow his or her instructions. If you do not follow through with your doctor’s medical advice, you can risk your health and chances of winning compensation for your injuries.
- Hire a Lawyer: If you want to pursue compensation for a dog bite injury, it may be in your best interest to work with the best Denver dog bite lawyer. Navigating through a dog bite injury case can be quite complex, and you want someone with knowledge and experience on your side. The best dog bite lawyer Denver CO locals depend on may help you gather important evidence and talk to insurance companies on your behalf. Your lawyer may ensure your rights are protected and give you sound legal advice along the way.
Do not wait to obtain legal counsel. You deserve justice for your injuries. If you are looking for the best dog bite lawyer Denver CO offers, you may want to contact Richard J. Banta, P.C. at 303-331-3415.