When to File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit
As a wrongful death lawyer Denver CO trusts, we know that sadly, the death of a loved one may not be due to natural causes. Sometimes, they pass away in an avoidable accident or due to the negligence of someone’s actions. Sometimes it’s due to malpractice by a physician or nursing home. It can happen because of a careless driver on the road. These are examples of wrongful deaths. For the surviving family members of victims whose deaths were avoidable, legal action may be possible in the form of a wrongful death suit.
Common Examples of Wrongful Death Suits
If you lost someone due to another’s negligence, you may be eligible to file a suit, though a wrongful death lawyer Denver CO relies on should review your case to see what kind of compensation you may be entitled. Some of the most common scenarios when a wrongful death lawsuit is filed include;
- When a child dies in a school bus accident. According to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, four percent of the total number of crashes that occurred between 2004 and 2014 involved school buses or buses ferrying children to festivals or competitions. All too often, children die in accidents that are a result of the driver’s negligence. It can also be due to failure of the school or bus company to safely maintain their buses. A wrongful death lawyer Denver CO parents trust can help your family get justice.
- When a patient dies in a hospital due to poor hygienic conditions or lack of proper care. A patient’s death can be caused by a lack of sanitary conditions in a hospital. It can even occur from something as simple as contaminated linens.
- When a person suffers a dog bite. Dog owners have a responsibility to ensure that their animal will not hurt anyone. Most of the dog bite deaths that occur every year in the US affect children and teenagers. In addition to pain and suffering from the loss, the death of a loved one can result in a loss of income for the family. This is especially true if the deceased was an adult breadwinner for the household.
- When someone drowns in a swimming pool accident. Every swimming pool that is accessible to the public, even when located on private property, must have safety measures in place. If a child drowns in a swimming pool, the owner may be held liable, even if the child had trespassed onto the property. A wrongful death lawsuit can be filled by the child’s parents with the help of a wrongful death lawyer Denver CO turns to.
- When a pedestrian is struck by a vehicle. Pedestrians die every year, even when they are walking on a designated foot path. Vehicles can run off the roads and kill innocent passersby. If the police and the first responders establish that the pedestrian was not at fault, then the owner of the vehicle that caused their death may be held responsible.
A wrongful death claim must be filled by a close family member of the diseased and approved by the court. It’s important to remember that you can only file this lawsuit if you have lost a loved one, and that you can prove you have suffered emotional and economic pain. Also, you must have clear evidence showing how the accused defaulted in following procedure or protocol. Contact a wrongful death lawyer Denver CO can count on who can review the circumstances of your case and help you make a decision about how to proceed.