Bicycle Accident Lawyer Aurora, CO
If you suffered injuries in a bicycle accident, you should discuss your case with a bicycle accident lawyer Aurora, CO residents trust. You may be entitled to compensation. Your lawyer can help you pursue a timely lawsuit against the negligent party and protect your legal rights.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
Bicycle accidents can occur for many different reasons, including:
- Dooring Accidents: Dooring accidents occur when a bicyclist slams into a parked car’s door. These types of accidents happen more frequently on busy roads where bicyclists have to ride closer to parked vehicles. Motorists can reduce the risk of these accidents by also checking for bicyclists before they exit their vehicles.
- Speeding: Speeding from both motorists and bicyclists can cause bicycle accidents. While bicycles don’t move as fast as vehicles, bicyclists should still be careful about riding at high speeds. If bicyclists travel at very high speeds, they can’t react as quickly to oncoming vehicles, increasing the risk of accidents.
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving is one of the most common causes of car accidents, including those involving bicycles. If a driver is replying to a text message or eating something, he or she might notice a bicyclist coming by and hit the person.
- Running a Red Light or Stop Sign: Bicycle accidents can also occur when a motorist fails to stop at a red light or stop sign. The motorist will be in danger of hitting a bicyclist who has the right of way.
- The Right Hook: As a bicycle accident lawyer in Aurora, CO can confirm, the right hook is another common cause of bicycle accidents. This type of accident occurs when a motorist passes a bicyclist and suddenly turns right, crashing into the bicyclist.
- Rear-End Accidents: A rear-end accident occurs when a motorist crashes into a bicyclist from behind. Bicyclists can help minimize the risk of these accidents by having a red rear light to make themselves more visible.
What to Do After a Bicycle Accident
Getting into a bicycle accident is shocking and scary. However, the steps you take immediately afterward can affect your right to compensation. Here are a few things you should after an accident:
- Call the police
- Get the names and contact information of witnesses
- Take photos of the accident scene
- Seek medical care
- Write down everything you remember about the accident in a journal
- Contact a lawyer
Schedule a consultation with a bicycle accident lawyer in Aurora, CO at Richard Banta, P.C. today.