Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Aurora, Colorado
If you suffered injuries in a bicycle accident, you should discuss your case with a bicycle accident lawyer Aurora, CO residents trust. You may be entitled to compensation. Your lawyer can help you pursue a timely lawsuit against the negligent party and protect your legal rights.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
Bicycle accidents can occur for many different reasons, including:
- Dooring Accidents: Dooring accidents occur when a bicyclist slams into a parked car’s door. These types of accidents happen more frequently on busy roads where bicyclists have to ride closer to parked vehicles. Motorists can reduce the risk of these accidents by also checking for bicyclists before they exit their vehicles.
- Speeding: Speeding from both motorists and bicyclists can cause bicycle accidents. While bicycles don’t move as fast as vehicles, bicyclists should still be careful about riding at high speeds. If bicyclists travel at very high speeds, they can’t react as quickly to oncoming vehicles, increasing the risk of accidents.
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving is one of the most common causes of car accidents, including those involving bicycles. If a driver is replying to a text message or eating something, he or she might notice a bicyclist coming by and hit the person.
- Running a Red Light or Stop Sign: Bicycle accidents can also occur when a motorist fails to stop at a red light or stop sign. The motorist will be in danger of hitting a bicyclist who has the right of way.
- The Right Hook: As a bicycle accident lawyer in Aurora, CO can confirm, the right hook is another common cause of bicycle accidents. This type of accident occurs when a motorist passes a bicyclist and suddenly turns right, crashing into the bicyclist.
- Rear-End Accidents: A rear-end accident occurs when a motorist crashes into a bicyclist from behind. Bicyclists can help minimize the risk of these accidents by having a red rear light to make themselves more visible.
What to Do After a Bicycle Accident
Getting into a bicycle accident is shocking and scary. However, the steps you take immediately afterward can affect your right to compensation. Here are a few things you should after an accident:
- Call the police
- Get the names and contact information of witnesses
- Take photos of the accident scene
- Seek medical care
- Write down everything you remember about the accident in a journal
- Contact a lawyer
Schedule a consultation with a bicycle accident lawyer in Aurora, CO at Richard Banta, P.C. today.
Lacking the defense of an enclosed vehicle, bicyclists are susceptible to serious injuries in a crash. In too many cases, bike mishaps are caused by distracted or inattentive motorists who stop working to yield the right-of-way or cut the bicyclist off. Speeding, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and aggressive driving can also add to bike accidents in Denver. This may lead you to contacting a bicycle accident lawyer in Aurora, CO at Richard Banta, P.C.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents?
Bike mishaps have a variety of causes, varying from roadway conditions to motorist carelessness. The Pedestrian and Bike Information Center reports that almost one-third of all bike mishaps happen when a vehicle strikes a bicycle. The 6 most common causes of bike mishap injury are:
- Hit by an automobile (29%).
- Fell (17%).
- Street in disrepair (13%).
- Rider mistake (13%).
- Crash/collision (7%).
- Dog ran out in front of the bike (4%).
The National Highway Traffic Security Administration (NHTSA) reports 840 bicyclist deaths in 2016, the most recent year for which data are available. This figure represents a 1.3% boost over the previous year.
In the state of Colorado alone, NHTSA reports 16 cyclist fatalities in 2016. A total of 45,000 bicyclists were hurt in traffic crashes in a recent year. This may lead you to contacting a bicycle accident lawyer in Aurora, CO at Richard Banta, P.C.
What Types of Injuries are Continual in Bicycle Crashes?
As mentioned in the American Family Doctor (AFP), every year in the U.S., bicycle accident injuries account for roughly:
- 900 deaths.
- 23,000 hospital admissions.
- 580,000 emergency clinic visits.
- 2 million medical professionals see.
COMMON INJURIES IN BIKE ACCIDENTS.
Many serious bike mishap injuries and casualties arise from accidents with automobiles. The most commonly continual traumatic injuries in bike mishaps are:
- Head: Skull fracture, concussion, brain contusion, intracranial hemorrhage.
- Face and eyes: Facial fractures, oral fractures, contusions, foreign bodies in the cornea.
- Musculoskeletal: Dislocations, strains, fractures.
- Chest: Rib fractures, lung injury.
- Abdomen: Rupture of the spleen, laceration of the liver, kidney contusion, trauma to the pancreas, vascular perforation, contusion of the little or big bowel, rupture, distressing hernia.
- Genitourinary system: Injury to the urethra and vulva, rectal injury, pelvic fracture.
- Skin and soft tissue: Road rash, lacerations, contusions.
Why Do You Require a Denver Bicycle Accident Lawyer?
In a crash with a motor vehicle, bicyclists typically suffer serious injuries. After a major bike crash, you might need comprehensive medical treatment and need time off work for your recovery. Our skilled Denver bike mishap attorneys can aggressively pursue the complete settlement you need to assist you return on your feet.
Lacking the defense of an enclosed car, bicyclists are prone to serious injuries in a crash. In a lot of cases, bike mishaps are brought on by sidetracked or inattentive vehicle drivers who quit working to yield the right of way or cut the bicyclist off. Speeding, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and aggressive driving can likewise add to bike mishaps in Denver. This may lead you to getting in touch with a bicycle accident Lawyer in Aurora, Colorardo at Richard Banta, P.C.