Denver CO Find a Dog Bite Lawyer
If you were bitten by a dog in Denver CO find a dog bite lawyer as soon as possible. This is important because you may be eligible for compensation for your injuries. A lawyer like Richard J. Banta from the Law Office of Richard J. Banta, P.C. may help you file a lawsuit against the dog’s owner to recover money for medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
Getting Medical Attention is Important
Before you find a dog bite lawyer Denver CO residents trust, seek medical attention. Dog bite injuries can lead to serious complications like infections, blood poisoning, loss of limbs, and even paralysis. The sooner that a doctor examines your injuries, the better. He or she will likely start the treatment process right away to minimize the risk of complications.
If you delay medical attention, you are putting your health at risk as well as reducing your chances of getting compensation. The insurance company may think that you aren’t really hurt if you did not seek medical attention right away and deny your claim.
Follow all of your doctor’s instructions and attend all of your appointments. Remember to keep copies of all your medical records, treatment details, and medical bills. All of this is important evidence for your claim.
The Benefits of Hiring a Dog Bite Lawyer
If you are in Denver CO find a dog bite lawyer to help you with your personal injury claim. Here are a few reasons why you may want to find a dog bite lawyer in Denver CO:
- Knowledge of Dog Bite Laws: A dog bite lawyer has knowledge of dog bite laws in Colorado, can work hard to present a strong case. A skilled dog bite lawyers know the type of evidence you need for a successful personal injury claim.
- Negotiation Skills: If you are in Denver CO find a dog bite lawyer to negotiate a fair settlement with insurance adjusters. Otherwise, they may try to take advantage of you and offer you a lower settlement than you deserve. A dog bite lawyer from our firm can work hard to negotiate a fair settlement. Your lawyer may also take your case to trial if the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement.
- Save Money: By working with dog bite lawyer, you can actually save money. The majority of dog bite lawyers work on a contingency basis, meaning they do not get paid unless they win your case. This means you do not have worry about paying your lawyer any upfront fees.
- Objectivity: A dog attack can be traumatic and cause you to feel a wide range of emotions, in addition to substantial physical pain. Being emotional may cloud your judgment and cause you to make bad decisions, such as agreeing to an unfavorable settlement. A dog bite lawyer is there to provide objectivity and prevent you from making the wrong decisions.
In Denver CO find a dog bite lawyer to assist you with your case. You deserve justice for what you have been through. If you are in Denver CO find a dog bite lawyer like Richard J. Banta from the Law Office of Richard J. Banta, P.C. and schedule a consultation by calling 303-331-3415.
Dog Bite Personal Injury Claims – An Introduction
“Man’s best friend” is not always the gentle and sweet pets that we think they are. Unfortunately, there are many cases of dog bite attacks in America every year and the victims of dog bite attacks can suffer serious harm. Additionally, the initial injury from the dog bite may become severely infected. When you are the victim of a dog attack and are wondering if you should file a claim against the owner, please find a dog bite lawyer in Denver, Colorado. Dog bites can cause lasting injuries in the form of physical damage and/or emotional trauma, and you should neither have to deal with this pain alone nor wonder whether you deserve compensation. The legal team at Richard Banta, P.C. is here to help.
What are the primary laws concerning dog bites?
There are two laws that will likely be very important to your case. These are:
- One Bite Laws
- Strict Liability Laws
One Bite Laws
This is the popular name for a law that means an owner—more specifically, their dog—gets one bite before they are punished. Before a dog bites someone, the owner may have no idea that they are dangerous or are prone to aggression. However, the law would allow the dog one bite, thus giving the owner a reasonable amount of time to take the necessary precautions so their dog does not perform the same act of aggression again. Practically speaking, this means that if a dog attacks a second time, the victim of the second attack should find a dog bite lawyer in Denver, CO and hold the owner liable for the harm that the dog has caused.
However, please note that this law is not as popular anymore, and the more modern version does not necessarily allow the dog a free pass after they attack someone. Instead, if the owner knows that their dog is aggressive or if the dog is a member of an aggressive breed, a court could still hold the owner liable even if the dog has not previously bitten anyone.
How can you prove if an owner knew their dog was dangerous?
Unfortunately, this is not a very easy thing to prove. That said, an experienced attorney would likely rely on various kinds of information when crafting a legal strategy. This information may include:
- The type of training the dog has gone through.
- If the owner had a “dangerous dog” or warning signs posted on their property.
- What breed the dog is.
- If the dog had any type of restraints (a muzzle).
Once you find a dog bite lawyer in Denver, CO and schedule a consultation, you can discuss any information you may have regarding the relative danger that the animal that attacked you may or may not have posed prior to the attack.
Strict Liability Laws
This set of laws means that the owner of the dog in question can be held liable if certain circumstances occurred. For example, they would be held liable if the plaintiff in the case did not provoke the dog in any way and if the defendant allowed the plaintiff to be in the area he was during the time of the attack. It is important to note that not all states have strict liability laws and the laws regarding dog bites will vary depending on the state. Therefore, it is important to find a dog bite lawyer in Denver, CO in order to explore your unique legal options.