Dog Bite Lawyer Littleton, CO
If you were bitten by a dog, you should speak to a dog bite lawyer Littleton, CO residents trust. You may be entitled to compensation. A skilled lawyer can help you pursue a lawsuit and protect your legal rights.
Common Injuries Caused By Dog Bites
Dog bites can result in many types of injuries, ranging from mild to severe. Here are the most common types of injuries caused by dog bites:
- Puncture Wounds: Puncture wounds occur when a dog’s teeth pierce the skin. These wounds are usually deep, increasing the risk of infection. Prompt medical attention is necessary to avoid further complications.
- Infections: Bacteria from a dog’s mouth can transfer to a wound during an attack. This can make you susceptible to infection. Signs of infection include swelling, redness, pain and pus. It’s important to clean your wound immediately to minimize the risk of infection.
- Permanent Scarring: Although most dog bites will heal, they can cause permanent scarring on the body or face. Scarring can hurt your self-confidence and be a constant reminder of the attack you suffered. To reduce the appearance of scarring, you will likely require expensive reconstructive surgery.
- Nerve Damage: If a dog bite reaches the nerves, you may be at risk of permanent nerve damage. This can result in loss of function in the affected part of the body.
- Eye Injuries: If a dog bites your eye, it can result in several types of eye injuries, like corneal abrasion, avulsions, orbital fractures and intraocular fractures. In severe cases, you can even lose an eye.
- Emotional Effects: As a dog bite lawyer in Littleton, CO can confirm, dog bites injuries don’t just cause physical injuries. They can also result in emotional injuries, such as fear, anxiety, anger and sleep disturbances.
Liability for Dog Bite Injuries
The state of Colorado has a strict liability policy for dog bite injuries. The policy states that the dog owner is legally responsible if his or her dog bites another person. However, if the injured person somehow provoked the dog or trespassed, the dog owner may not be held liable.
Consulting a Lawyer
If you suffered a dog bite injury, it’s in your best interest to discuss your case with an experienced dog bite lawyer. He or she will assess your case and help you file a timely claim. Your lawyer will help you gather necessary evidence, speak to witnesses and negotiate with the defendant’s insurance company.
Schedule a consultation with a dog bite lawyer in Littleton, CO at Richard Banta, P.C. today.