Fatal Motorcycle Crash Lawyer Denver Colorado
Riding on a motorcycle on a warm and sunny day can be fun and exciting. However, if the proper precautions aren’t taken, it can also be quite dangerous. Motorcyclists don’t have the protection of an enclosed vehicle, so they’re more likely to suffer fatal injuries during accidents. If your loved one was killed in a motorcycle accident, you should consult a fatal motorcycle crash lawyer in Denver, Colorado, like Richard J. Banta, P.C.
Fatal Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents
- Head Injuries: Head injuries are considered the most serious injuries a person can suffer during a motorcycle accident. These can include cracked skulls, concussions and traumatic brain injuries. Motorcyclists can endure a head injury if they are thrown from their motorcycle and hit their head on the pavement or an object. Severe head injuries almost always require years of rehabilitation and frequently result in death, as a fatal motorcycle crash lawyer in Denver Colorado can attest.
- Burns: In a motorcycle crash, motorcyclists can also suffer burns if there’s a gas tank spillage. Burns are not just extremely painful, but they can also lead to disfigurement and death.
Common Causes of Fatal Motorcycle Accidents
Fatal motorcycle accidents frequently result from the negligence of other motorists. Here are some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents a motorcycle accident lawyer Denver CO residents trust sees:
- Lane Splitting: Lane splitting occurs when motorcyclists drive up the line separating two lanes of a road. This is very dangerous and often results in fatalities. It is important for drivers to always be on the lookout for motorcyclists splitting between lanes.
- Speeding: As a fatal motorcycle crash lawyer in Denver Colorado can confirm, motorists who drive above the speed limit are more likely to hit motorcyclists and kill them.
- Making a Left-Hand Turn: A large percentage of motorcycle accident fatalities occur when another motorist makes a left-hand turn. When drivers come to an intersection, they might not see a motorcycle coming because it’s so small. To avoid these crashes, motorists should take more time to look at their surroundings before proceeding at an intersection.
- Head-on Collisions: When motorcycle riders are hit head-on by a moving vehicle, the results are frequently fatal. This is because motorcyclists have much less protection than regular vehicles.
- Road Hazards: A fatal motorcycle crash lawyer in Denver Colorado has handled many fatal motorcycle crash cases caused by road hazards. Because motorcyclists have little protection, they are more likely to die when they hit unexpected road hazards, like potholes and gravel.
What to Do After a Fatal Motorcycle Accident
If your family member was killed in a motorcycle accident, you should hire a fatal motorcycle crash lawyer in Denver Colorado as soon as possible. He or she can ensure your loved one gets the justice they deserve.