Tips for finding the right attorney for you
For additional information, contact the Law office of Richard J. Banta, P.C. at 303-331-3415.
You have been in an accident and need a personal injury or wrongful death lawyer in Denver, CO, but finding the right attorney can be a daunting task. There are many good attorneys out there. How do you find an attorney that is right for you? This Report provides you with some tips on finding that right Denver, CO wrongful death lawyer. Here are a few of the benefits you get from having the right attorney in your corner: The right attorney will make sure you do not get taken advantage of by the insurance process. He or she can walk you through the many new and unfamiliar decisions that have to be made regarding property damage to your vehicle, getting a rental car as quickly as possible, and possible lost wage benefits if you are unable to work as a result of the accident. Most importantly, the right attorney can make sure you are properly compensated for all the injuries suffered in the accident, both personal and property.
So, how do you begin to search for an personal injury or wrongful death lawyer in Denver, CO? You can start by speaking with family and friends who may have been in an accident. You can contact a bar referral service, or look online. A word of caution is in order. While there are a lot of good attorneys, not all attorneys are truly qualified to handle your personal injury case. Make a list of several www.RichardBantaLaw.com 2 www.RichardBantaLaw.com attorneys you think might be right and contact their offices for an appointment.
Once you have scheduled an appointment, here are some suggested questions you should be prepared to discuss. When interviewing attorneys remember it’s your case and you are ultimately in charge, so don’t be bashful!
Questions to Ask the Attorney:
- What is your bar number (you want to make sure the attorney is actually licensed to practice law in Colorado)?
- What is your legal background and experience in handling injury cases?
- Who will actually work on my case?
- How connected are you to other attorneys or healthcare providers who specialize in legal and medical disciplines that might be needed?
- How do you charge for your services? Is it on strictly a contingency basis, or do you accept other means of payment?
- How available are you for my situation? How are we going to communicate? Can I contact you after hours? Over the weekend?
- In addition to a law degree, what kind of other training or education do you have that might help my situation?
- How do you view our relationship – are we partners looking for a solution or are you the wrongful death lawyer in Denver, Colorado and I am the client?
Questions to Ask Yourself:
- What do I want to accomplish in this relationship?
- Do I like this person? What does my intuition say?
- Do I trust this person?
- Do I feel like I can communicate with this person? Will this person listen to me?
- Does this personal injury or wrongful death lawyer in Denver, CO impress me as being authentic?
- Does this person impress me as being competent and qualified? www.RichardBantaLaw.com 3 www.RichardBantaLaw.com
- Is he or she creative and open?
- Would I participate in social activities with this person?
The primary focus of your efforts following an accident is to get the proper medical treatment. However, you or someone acting on your behalf should also be focused as soon as practicable on finding the right attorney. There may be problems that come up immediately following an accident where the services of an attorney can be invaluable. For instance, the insurance company may deny or delay coverage for a rental vehicle, or just deny coverage until they have completed an investigation. In the meantime you are left to fend for yourself. Let your attorney deal with these kinds of concerns while you focus your energy on getting better.
Finally, while you are not shopping for a friend, you want friend qualities in your attorney. First impressions are important. Is this someone you like, respect and trust? Trust your intuition. We invite you to contact us to discuss your case and to see if we are a good fit. If not, we will be happy to assist you in finding a personal injury or wrongful death lawyer in Denver, CO who is right for you.