Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
There are several things you can do after being in a motorcycle accident to help ensure your rights are protected. The actions you take after the accident could determine how likely you are to obtain compensation. We would suggest doing the following:
- Foremost, you should determine whether you or anyone else needs immediate medical attention and call the authorities.
- After the accident try to stay calm, being polite to others and cooperating with authorities will help you in the long run.
- Even if you do not have any serious injuries, you should still seek medical treatment. Some injuries are not apparent right away but could become serious if not taken care of in a timely manner.
- If you are able to, collecting evidence of the accident will certainly help your case. Some of the things you may want to collect include:
- Names and contact information of other people involved in the accident or any witnesses.
- Take photos or videos of the accident scene to help show what happened.
- Collect copies of the police reports.
- Request copies and receipts from all medical treatment.
- Hire a lawyer that you trust and who has experience working motorcycle accidents. Attorneys will be able to help protect your rights and get you the compensation you deserve for the damages.
What should I do if the insurance company for the driver that hit me, tries to contact me and offers to send a check right away?
Insurance companies do not have your best interest in mind and would much rather offer you a quick settlement than having to go to court. If you accept their offer, you would have to agree not to see additional compensation. The amount that they offer you would most likely be much lower than what your case is truly worth. Additionally, the full extent of your losses may not be known for several weeks when taking into account the medical expenses and lost wages.
What damages should I expect to recover in a personal injury lawsuit?
Going through a personal injury lawsuit is to help ensure that you or your family do not suffer financially because of someone else’s negligence. Experienced lawyers will fight on your behalf to hold the at-fault party liable for the damages done. Some of the damages you could receive compensation for may include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffer
- Future injuries related to accident
- Future earnings you may not receive due to the injuries that prevent you from making as much money as before.
A motorcycle accident lawyer Houston, TX trusts will be able to do a full investigation to access how much money you would be eligible to receive. Each case is unique and your attorney will do everything they can to help you get your life back in order and not be financially burdened because of someone else’s negligence.
Thank you to our friends and contributors at John K. Zaid & Associates for their insight into motorcycle accidents and personal injury claims.