A Message Regarding COVID-19: We are available to consult with you during this difficult and extraordinary time. If you, a family member or friend have been injured in an accident, our first concern is that you focus in the near future on your health and well being as well as that of your family and friends. Please feel free to contact us by phone or email with legal questions you may have concerning your accident, or other areas of the law. We are here to help. Be safe. Thanks.

What to Do if You Were Injured in a Car Accident as a Passenger?

Car Accident Lawyer Denver, CO

What to Do if You Were Injured in a Car Accident as a Passenger?If you were injured in a car accident as the passenger of one of the driver’s you will typically have an easier time than the driver of either car when it comes to a personal injury claim. Why is this? The passenger will not have to worry about proving who is liable because it will most assuredly be one of the drivers. When the passenger is making a personal injury claim involving a car accident, they will still need to prove who should be held liable and the damages, which is why they should contact a car accident lawyer Denver, CO believes in to help.

Additionally, if this car accident involved two cars, it should be fairly simple to prove one driver’s liability because it would be hard to have a car accident involving two cars without the negligence on the part of one of the drivers. Conversely, if the accident only involved one car (for example, the driver runs into a light pole), then it is typically the driver who will be held liable. In these instances, it can usually be proven that the driver was not taking the reasonable amount of care to be alert and watchful of the road, and thus they were driving negligently. While this may seem obvious, there are always scenarios you cannot see coming, such as a deer or another animal suddenly jumping out in front of the car to run across the street. If you have been injured in a car accident when you were a passenger, contact the Law Office of Richard J Banta, P.C. today to schedule a consultation.

How to file a passenger injury claim

When filing a passenger injury claim, the passenger will go about this the same way they would for a car accident personal injury claim. The main difference would be that their Denver, CO car accident lawyer would file a claim against both drivers in a two-car accident. In this case, the passenger’s lawyer would obtain the insurance information for both drivers and will then proceed to file claims with both insurance companies. Again, there are always exceptions, so if the passenger was in a car where the driver was clearly not at fault, for instance if they were at a stop light and the car was rear-ended, the passenger would probably not file a claim against that driver as they would not be at fault.

Unfortunately, the passenger can get caught in the middle of insurance claims between both drivers very easily. A Denver car accident lawyer frequently have had cases in which one driver is found liable for 75% and the other is found liable for the remaining 25%, which leads to disputes may arise between who is actually more liable. In other cases, both insurances might not pay the full 100%, leaving the injured passenger waiting until one of the insurance companies is willing to pay the remaining amount. This is when it is vital to speak with a car accident lawyer from our Denver, CO office.

While getting into a car accident as a passenger can be devastating and cause physical or emotional trauma, you do not have to be left picking up the pieces on your own. If you were a passenger injured in a car accident, you deserve to receive the compensation you are owed. It is important to speak with the car accident lawyer Denver, CO trusts to answer your questions about process if you were a passenger who was injured in a car accident. Contact our Law Office of Richard J Banta, P.C. office to discuss your options today.