Negligence Lawyer Arvada, CO
If you suffered injuries in an accident caused by someone else, you should consult a negligence lawyer Arvada, CO residents trust. What happened to you was unfair and you deserve justice. A lawyer can help you pursue a lawsuit against the negligent party and protect your legal rights.
Common Types of Accidents Caused by Negligence
Getting injured can be even more devastating when it’s due to another person’s carelessness. Here are some common types of accidents caused by negligence:
- Car Accidents: Motorists have a duty to drive responsibly and protect others from danger. When they fail to do this, accidents are more likely to occur. Common causes of vehicle collisions include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving and running red lights.
- Premises Liability Accidents: Property owners are responsible for keeping their premises safe for other people. If they don’t, people are more likely to get hurt. For example, if a homeowner doesn’t put salt on an icy sidewalk and someone falls, that homeowner may be held liable.
- Medical Malpractice: If doctors and other medical professionals are negligent, medical errors can occur and patients can get serious injuries. Common types of medical malpractice include surgical errors, misdiagnosis, birth injuries and medication errors.
- Defective Products: People can also suffer severe injuries from defective products. If product manufacturers fail to ensure their products are safe for the public, they may be held responsible for any injuries.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents due to negligence can also occur in the workplace. Common types of workplace accidents include falls, machine entanglement, struck by objects, electrocution, violence.
Discussing Your Case with a Lawyer
If you were injured due to another person’s carelessness, your next step is to set up a meeting with a negligence lawyer in Arvada, CO. He or she will assess your case and advise you the best way to proceed. During your meeting, your lawyer may ask you several questions, such as what type of accident you were involved in and what types of injuries you endured. Answer each question honestly and with as many details as possible. If you have any documentation that pertains to your case, such as medical bills or police reports, bring them with you.
Don’t hesitate to ask your lawyer questions too. Here are some questions you may want to ask:
- How many cases have you handled similar to mine?
- Will you be the only person working on my case?
- What is your fee structure?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses in my case?
- What else do you need from me?
Schedule a consultation with a negligence lawyer in Arvada, CO at Richard Banta, P.C. today.