Personal Injury Lawyer in Denver, Colorado
If you’ve been injured as a result of an accident, someone else’s reckless choices or someone’s intentional behavior, it’s important to schedule a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer Denver, CO residents trust. A consultation is a confidential, no-risk setting. It neither obligates you to work with our firm moving forward nor to file legal action. This meeting simply allows you to speak with a professional about your situation so that you can learn about your legal options, ask questions, and become more empowered to make informed decisions about how you’d like to proceed in the wake of your accident. Essentially, this process will allow you to avoid the regret that accompanies wondering, “What if?” in the event that you fail to explore your options and are saddled with paying all your accident-related expenses or agree to an insurance settlement that is far less than you deserve.
Preparing for Your Personal Injury Consultation
As you prepare to meet with our firm’s experienced Denver, CO personal injury lawyer, you’ll want to keep a few things in mind. First, it’s helpful to bring along any documentation related to your situation. If you have discharge papers from the hospital, a copy of your police report, photos from the accident scene, contact information for witnesses, etc., please bring this information with you. Second, if you haven’t yet done so, you’re going to want to either write down or video record your memories leading up to the accident, during the accident and immediately after the accident. Memories fade over time and both you and our firm may need to reference this account when preparing your case.
Legal Assistance Is Available
If you haven’t yet scheduled a consultation with the experienced Colorado legal team at Richard J. Banta, P.C., please do so now. Remember, scheduling a free case evaluation doesn’t obligate you to either file legal action or to work with our firm moving forward. All this process is designed to do is allow you to ask questions and clarify your options while speaking with an experienced legal professional. Once we learn the details of your situation, we’ll be able to help you make informed decisions about your legal options. From negotiating on your behalf with insurance providers to ensure that you receive all the compensation you’re entitled to, to filing a personal injury lawsuit against those who caused you harm, we’re here to help, should you choose to exercise your rights as an accident victim.
If, at the end of your consultation you’re unsure of whether you want to file legal action, that’s okay. That choice is always up to you. We’ll advise you about how to preserve your options and protect your rights as you mull over your options. You have nothing to lose and potentially much to gain by having your case evaluated for free. Please connect with our firm’s experienced Denver, CO personal injury lawyer today; we look forward to speaking with you.
Qualities to Look for in a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you were injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you have the right to pursue compensation. Since personal injury cases can be very complex, it’s important to have a skilled personal injury lawyer in Denver, CO on your side. Here are some qualities to look for in a lawyer.
- Specialized Experience: When you’re dealing with a personal injury case, you don’t want to hire just any lawyer to represent you. While a traffic lawyer may have the power to take on your slip and injury lawsuit, you might not receive the results you’re looking for. It’s important to select a lawyer who specializes in the type of personal injury case you’re dealing with, whether that’s a car accident or medical malpractice.
- Empathetic: Sustaining injuries from an accident can be one of the most traumatic experiences of your life. You may be in a lot of pain and wonder how you’ll pay all of your medical bills or when you can return to work. That’s why it’s important to hire a personal injury lawyer who shows you empathy. He or she should understand that you’re going through a tough time and make things as easy as possible for you. If your lawyer seems cold and distant, you may want to go with another lawyer.
- Available: Before you hire a personal injury lawyer in Denver, CO, make sure that he or she actually has the time to give your case the attention it deserves. Some personal injury lawyers have heavy caseloads and don’t have the time to give much attention to each case. If your lawyer takes several days to return your messages, it may be in your best interest to hire another lawyer who has fewer cases.
- Trial Experience: Although the majority of personal injury cases get settled out of court, sometimes they go to trial. If the insurance company isn’t willing to give you a fair settlement, it’s necessary to take your case to court. That’s why it’s critical to work with a personal injury lawyer with significant trial experience. He or she should feel confident to argue your case in front of a judge.
- Assertive: Personal injury lawyers have to spend considerable time negotiating with insurance companies. It’s essential to hire a personal injury lawyer in Denver, CO who is assertive and doesn’t let anyone push him or her around. Your lawyer should confidently protect your rights and not let the insurance company take advantage of you.
Common Mistakes to Avoid in Your Personal Injury Case
If you were injured in an accident that was caused by someone else, you have the right to file a personal injury claim. Avoid making these common mistakes during the process:
- Not Keeping Records of Financial Losses: No matter what kind of accident you were in, you have likely suffered several financial losses. In order to receive fair compensation for these losses, you must keep accurate records. For instance, if your vehicle endured substantial damage during a car accident, you should keep the receipts from the mechanic.
- Failing to Seek Immediate Medical Care: One mistake a personal injury lawyer in Denver, CO sees people make is waiting too long to seek medical care. Some people may try to wait and see if their injuries get better. If you wait too long to see a doctor, you are putting your health at serious risk. You’re also giving the insurance company a reason to deny your claim. They may argue that you aren’t truly injured if you didn’t get medical care right away.
- Exaggerating Your Injuries: When you see a doctor about your injuries, it’s important to be detailed about all of your symptoms. However, that doesn’t mean you should embellish your injuries. If the insurance company finds out that you lied about your symptoms, it could jeopardize your case.
- Waiting Too Long to File a Claim: Getting injured in an accident is traumatic, so you understandably want to take it easy and care of yourself. However, you shouldn’t wait too long to file your personal injury claim. In Colorado, you only have two years to file a claim.
- Thinking You Can’t Afford a Lawyer: Unfortunately, some people avoid hiring a lawyer to handle their personal injury case because they don’t think they can afford the services. However, the majority of personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis. That means they take a percentage of your settlement at the end. If you don’t win your case, you won’t owe your personal injury lawyer in Denver, CO any money.
- Accepting the First Settlement Offer: After your accident, the negligent party’s insurance company may offer you a settlement offer quite quickly. When your medical bills are piling up and you’re not sure when you can go back to work, it’s tempting to accept the first offer. However, you should understand that the first offer isn’t likely a favorable one. It may not cover all of your losses. Be patient and allow your personal injury lawyer in Denver, CO to negotiate a better settlement.
Types of personal injury
Each year, thousands of people are injured in different types of accidents, but not all injuries provide the grounds for filing a personal injury lawsuit. Injuries that arise from accidents that are caused by the negligence or wrongful actions of others may meet the legal definition of personal injury. To determine whether or not you can successfully pursue a personal injury case, consult an experienced personal injury lawyer Denver, CO like Richard Banta, P.C who can review your specific situation.
WHAT IS A PERSONAL INJURY
Under the legal definition of personal injury, a personal injury occurs when a person’s body, mind, or emotions are injured as a result of the negligence, carelessness, or wrongful conduct of another person. Personal injury law is also called tort law. The word tort comes from Latin and means harm or wrong, and tort law encompasses a broad variety of types of personal injury claims.
Common Types of Personal Injury Claims
A great variety of incidents can give rise to personal injury claims. These may include;
- motor vehicle accidents
- trucking accidents
- boating accidents
- ATV accidents
- plane accidents.
They may also include premises liability claims such as;
- inadequate security claims
- attractive nuisance claims, and others.
Medical malpractice, nursing home neglect, and abuse, and dog bites are also recognized as tort claims. Libel and slander, which involve damage to a person’s reputation and emotional harm, may form the basis for valid claims. Finally, personal injury law also includes intentional torts, including civil assaults, batteries, and others.
The legal definition of personal injury applies to a variety of situations and circumstances, so we urge you to seek legal expertise with personal injury lawyers Denver, CO if you aren’t sure whether your case qualifies.
Potential Damages in Personal Injury Claims
There are several types of damages that you might be able to recover if your case meets the legal definition of personal injury. An experienced personal injury lawyer like Richard Banta, P.C will analyze your case and your injuries in order to value your claim and provide you with a range of values within which any reasonable settlement should be expected to fall. In general, the types of potential damages that might be recoverable in a personal injury claim include the following:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages or lost income
- Losses in your ability to earn a living
- Losses in your ability to enjoy life
- Pain and suffering, mental anguish, and psychological injury
- Losses for permanent disfigurement and scarring
- Under certain circumstances, your spouse may be able to claim damages for loss of consortium as well.
SEEKING LEGAL HELP
If you believe that you might have valid grounds for filing a personal injury claim, it is important that you act quickly. There are statutes of limitations for filing these claims. If you fail to file your claim within the specified time period, you may be permanently barred from seeking a legal remedy for your losses. Contact Richard Banta, P.C of personal injury lawyers Denver, CO to learn about your rights and explore your options.
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Denver Colorado.
If you’ve been injured you may be thinking about employing an injury legal representative, but when should you do it? Find out more about injury legal representatives, how they combat to win your case, and when you ought to look for their aid when you’ve been injured. Contact Richard Banta, P.C to learn more.
While there is no specific guideline or deadline regarding when you need to work with an injury attorney, particularly after a car mishap injury, it is extremely essential to engage the services of a personal injury lawyer shortly after the mishap. You do not want to go without counsel throughout any part of the procedure and you can typically hire a lawyer on a contingency basis.
Conversations with Insurance Carriers
Possibilities are strong that there are going to be conversations with your legal representative regarding your medical bills and your home damage. Your injury lawyer and accident law office will make sure that the medical expenses are paid while the property damage claim to your lorry is paid in a timely style so you can get your car back on the road. The time to begin that procedure is right after you leave the emergency room or are released by the mishap investigation team that gets here to establish the driver details in exchange for your accident.
Avoid Medical Malpractice Statute of Limitation Issues
If you have a medical malpractice claim, time is of the essence. There are state statutes that need you to put the doctor on notice within a particular amount of time. If you think that you are a victim of medical malpractice, you need to engage counsel as soon as you can. Medical malpractice claims take some time and likewise need a great deal of deal with the attorney’s behalf. The more time that you provide to work your case, the much better off you will be. Contact Richard Banta, P.C of personal injury lawyers Denver, CO to learn about your rights and explore your options.
Insurance Companies Have Experts, You Should Too
Insurance providers generally have the deck stacked in their favor. They have plenty of cash and great deals of legal resources. You want to ensure that you are on an even playing field, or as even as possible, when dealing with these companies.
That is why you want to have your own group of specialists in your corner when dealing with these businesses. Insurance providers, whether it is your own provider or that of the other driver, are going to protect their own interests first. They might try to nickel and penny you wherever possible and save the company cash, to your own detriment. That is why it is ideal to have your accident lawyer to represent you in these settlements. You never wish to do anything on your own aside from reporting the reality that you had a mishap.
Have The Right Medical Team Around You
It is essential that you also meet the right physicians to get the most out of your claim. Your accident attorney, who will be well-informed about injury laws in your state, can assist get you to the right medical experts that can treat you and likewise work as great witnesses in your case, must the case go to trial. You wish to have a doctor around you that can not only heal you, but likewise testify in court, and describe how the injury will affect you in the future.
Contact Richard Banta, P.C of personal injury lawyers Denver, CO to learn about your rights and explore your options.