Premises Liability Lawyer Lakewood, CO
If you got injured on someone else’s property, you should discuss your case with a premises liability lawyer Lakewood, CO residents trust. You may be entitled to compensation. A lawyer can help you file a claim against the negligent party and protect your legal rights.
Common Types of Premises Liability Claims
Premises liability claims can arise from many types of situations, including:
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Slip and fall accidents are one of the most common types of premises liability claims and can happen because of liquid spills, wet floors, loose carpeting and clutter.
- Dog Bites: Dog owners are responsible for keeping their dogs restrained and ensuring they don’t bite anyone. If you were bitten by a dog on someone’s property, you may have a premises liability lawsuit on your hands.
- Pool Accidents: Swimming pools can bring a lot of fun, but they can also be dangerous. Homeowners with pools are typically held liable when someone else gets injured in their pool. For example, if a person drowns or trips and falls around the pool, the pool owner will be held responsible.
- Inadequate Security: Business owners and managers are responsible for protecting their customers and employees from robberies and assaults. When they fail to do this because of inadequate lighting or poor security cameras, they can be held liable.
- Elevator Accidents: Elevators require routine maintenance to continue functioning properly. If a property owner fails to maintain the elevators in his or her building and someone gets injured as a result, the owner will be held legally responsible.
Damages You Can Receive for a Premises Liability Case
If you were hurt on someone else’s property, a premises liability lawyer in Lakewood, CO can help you obtain compensation for several types of damages, including:
- Medical Bills: No matter what types of injuries you suffered during a premises liability accident, you’re entitled to receive compensation for your medical bills. This may include doctor’s bills, surgical procedures, physical therapy, medications and modifications to your home.
- Lost Wages: If your injuries have caused you to miss time from work, you should receive compensation for your lost wages. If you’re unable to work again because of your injuries, you may receive compensation for lost earning capacity.
- Pain and Suffering: If the premises liability accident caused you a great deal of physical and emotional suffering, you may receive compensation for that.
Schedule a consultation with a premises liability lawyer in Lakewood, CO at Richard Banta, P.C. today.