Premises Liability Lawyer in Lakewood, Colorado
If you got injured on someone else’s property, you should discuss your case with a premises liability lawyer Lakewood, CO residents trust. You may be entitled to compensation. A lawyer can help you file a claim against the negligent party and protect your legal rights.
Common Types of Premises Liability Claims
Premises liability claims can arise from many types of situations, including:
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Slip and fall accidents are one of the most common types of premises liability claims and can happen because of liquid spills, wet floors, loose carpeting and clutter.
- Dog Bites: Dog owners are responsible for keeping their dogs restrained and ensuring they don’t bite anyone. If you were bitten by a dog on someone’s property, you may have a premises liability lawsuit on your hands.
- Pool Accidents: Swimming pools can bring a lot of fun, but they can also be dangerous. Homeowners with pools are typically held liable when someone else gets injured in their pool. For example, if a person drowns or trips and falls around the pool, the pool owner will be held responsible.
- Inadequate Security: Business owners and managers are responsible for protecting their customers and employees from robberies and assaults. When they fail to do this because of inadequate lighting or poor security cameras, they can be held liable.
- Elevator Accidents: Elevators require routine maintenance to continue functioning properly. If a property owner fails to maintain the elevators in his or her building and someone gets injured as a result, the owner will be held legally responsible.
Damages You Can Receive for a Premises Liability Case
If you were hurt on someone else’s property, a premises liability lawyer in Lakewood, CO can help you obtain compensation for several types of damages, including:
- Medical Bills: No matter what types of injuries you suffered during a premises liability accident, you’re entitled to receive compensation for your medical bills. This may include doctor’s bills, surgical procedures, physical therapy, medications and modifications to your home.
- Lost Wages: If your injuries have caused you to miss time from work, you should receive compensation for your lost wages. If you’re unable to work again because of your injuries, you may receive compensation for lost earning capacity.
- Pain and Suffering: If the premises liability accident caused you a great deal of physical and emotional suffering, you may receive compensation for that.
Schedule a consultation with a premises liability lawyer in Lakewood, CO at Richard Banta, P.C. today.
Common Questions for a Premises Liability Lawyer in Lakewood Colorado
Q1: What types of cases are covered under property liability law?
A1: A facility liability case can consist of injuries ranging from slips and falls, to staircase accidents, to falling things. Given that each case is various, an experienced property liability lawyer in Lakewood, CO, can guide you through the maze of submitting an accident suit. Want to know more? Call Richard Banta, P.C. today.
Q2: Who can I sue in a facility liability case?
A2: A typical property liability case pursues payment from the homeowner and seeks to establish that the owner’s actions or inactiveness caused your injuries. If someone had control over home and knew of a hazardous condition, they could be responsible for the damages triggered. A premises liability attorney in Lakewood, CO, can investigate the mishap and figure out if adequate evidence exists to file a lawsuit.
Q3: What premises do I require to submit a property liability claim?
A3: A few of the grounds for submitting a property liability claim consist of:
- The property had a hazardous flaw.
- The flaw triggered your injuries.
- The property owner understood or should have known about the defect.
- The property owner should have cautioned you about the problem.
If the homeowner stopped working on any of these counts, you ought to call a facility liability attorney in Lakewood, CO, to pursue payment for your injuries.
Q4: The property owner’s insurer offered me a payment, as long as I concur not to pursue a facility liability suit. Should I take the money?
A4: Most of the time, the insurance company will offer you a settlement for pennies on the dollar of the quantity of their liability. They want to use you as a percentage to make your case disappear, rather than face a lawsuit. A property liability lawyer in Lakewood, CO, can examine your case and work toward getting you fair and simply payment for your injuries.
Q5: I slipped and fell on another person’s residential or commercial property and suffered serious injuries. Should I call a premises liability legal representative?
A5: After you’ve tended to your injuries, you ought to call a facility liability attorney in Lakewood, CO, to identify if you have a case for your slip and fall injury claim. The attorney can identify if the lawsuit must continue against the property owner, the home manager, another business that operates on the home, or a combination of offenders. Schedule a consultation with a premises liability lawyer in Lakewood, CO at Richard Banta, P.C. today.
Q6: Does a facility liability lawyer likewise manage pet bite cases?
A6: In many cases, a knowledgeable premises liability attorney in Lakewood, CO, can likewise assist you with a pet bite claim. The attorney can discover if the owner was responsible for his pet dog biting you, or if another celebration employed to handle the animal showed carelessness and contributed to the biting incident.
Q7: I was hit by a drunk driver. Can I file a property liability lawsuit versus the bar that served them?
A7: The “dram store” law in Colorado holds establishments that serve alcohol responsible for overly inebriated patrons. A facility liability lawyer in Lakewood, CO, can discover if the establishment served a patron who was certainly intoxicated and pursue payment from them for the driving while intoxicated mishap.
Call to schedule a consultation with a premises liability lawyer in Lakewood, CO at Richard Banta, P.C. today.