Trucking Accident Lawyer Denver CO
If you were injured in a truck accident, filing a personal injury claim is an effective method for recovering your damages. With the help of our trucking accident lawyer in Denver CO at the Law Office of Richard J. Banta, P.C., you may receive a monetary award. A settlement can pay for your medical treatment and other damages, including lost income until you’re well enough to return to work. Claims against the United States Postal Service (USPS) are different than most other claims because it’s against a federal government agency rather than an insurance company. At the Law Office of Richard J. Banta, P.C., our trucking accident lawyer in Denver CO has the experience necessary to successfully recover your damages.
What You Need to Know About the USPS
More than half a million people work for the USPS. In their efforts to deliver mail, employees use more than 200,000 vehicles across the United States. In addition to the smaller trucks used for residential deliveries, the USPS also uses large commercial trucks. Trucks of any size can do substantial damage to vehicles and their occupants upon impact. However, the larger and heavier the truck, the more damage it can cause. Catastrophic injuries can result, especially if the USPS truck is moving at higher speeds. Our trucking accident lawyer in Denver CO from the Law Office of Richard J. Banta, P.C. can protect your best interests when it comes to seeking fair compensation from the USPS.
Common Causes for Accidents Involving a USPS Truck
USPS truck drivers are prone to making the same deadly mistakes as truck drivers who haul cargo for commercial companies. When you hire a trucking accident lawyer in Denver CO from the Law Office of Richard J. Banta, P.C., you will have a tried and tested legal team behind you with the resources necessary to determine who is liable for your injury. What we have seen mirrors the statistics: accidents involving trucks are often caused by the truck driver. Some of the most common reasons for how collisions involving USPS trucks include:
- The driver was tired and as a result, lost focus and made a mistake which led to the collision.
- The driver was under the influence of narcotics or alcohol which affected their ability to drive safely.
- The driver was driving recklessly and without consideration of other vehicles and drivers.
- The driver was operating a USPS truck that was improperly loaded and that caused them to lose control of their vehicle.
- The driver was operating a USPS truck that was poorly maintained or had defective parts such as the brakes or steering and that led to the accident.
Common Accident Scenarios Involving a USPS Truck
A collision with a USPS truck can happen in any manner, as our trucking accident lawyer in Denver CO can tell you. However, some are more common than others. For instance:
- The USPS truck hits you while you are travelling through an intersection.
- A USPS truck runs you off the road.
- You are hit from behind by a USPS truck when you are stopped at a light or stop sign.
Contact a Law Firm That Can Protect Your Rights
Truck accidents can be devastating for the victims who are hurt as a result. If a USPS truck caused a collision that resulted in you suffering a serious injury, then you have the legal right to seek financial recourse to pay for your damages. Call us today at the Law Office of Richard J. Banta, P.C. to learn more from a trucking accident lawyer Denver CO victims choose first.