Truck Crash Lawyer Denver CO
What are Common Injuries From Truck Accidents?
If you have been in a truck accident, you may have very serious injuries as a truck crash lawyer in Denver, CO knows all too well. Unfortunately, those who are victims of truck accidents are much more likely than the truck drivers to face life-threatening injuries or injuries that can leave the victim permanently disabled. Because of the size difference or a truck and a car, the truck driver may not experience any injuries, but the driver of the car may have vehicle damage in addition to personal injuries. What kind of injuries can someone expect when they are the victim of a truck accident? The truck crash lawyer in Denver, CO at Richard J. Banta, P.C. know that there are several injuries that are common when you get into a truck accident, and you should seek help from a medical professional as soon as possible when you are injured. For more information on the injuries you can sustain from a truck accident, speak with our team today.
Injuries to Expect From the Accident
Getting into a truck accident can be terrifying and you should seek help from a doctor quickly so that they do not continue to get worse, as a truck crash lawyer in Denver, CO would recommend. Below, you will learn more about common injuries you can expect from truck accidents.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries. A TBI can happen if something strikes your head and either opens a wound or causes internal damages. If you suffer from a TBI after a truck accident, you may experience brain bleeding, a concussion, or even a coma. The effects of a TBI can be temporary or permanent.
- Back Injuries. Back injuries can cause serious pain if left untreated. You may suffer from broken or fractured bones, pinched nerves, or herniated discs. When this happens, the pain can become chronic and may result in permanent impairment. This can make daily tasks like sitting, walking, standing, and bending over feel almost impossible.
- Spinal Cord Injuries. Spinal cord injuries are more severe types of back injuries, and if your spinal cord is injured or severed, you may become permanently paralyzed and unable to move your legs, upper body, or both.
- Broken or Fractured Bones. Because of the impact of the collision, it is highly likely that you will suffer from some type of broken or fractured bone. This can be an internal break or it may cause a bone to penetrate the skin. When this happens, you are at a much higher risk of infection. Many people believe that a fractured or broken bone can heal on its own, but you should always see a medical professional to get X-rays done and help them set the bone back in place.
- Burns. Because most cars run on gasoline (or because the truck may be carrying hazardous materials), burns are common injuries that someone can sustain in a truck accident. A burn can leave you in incredible pain, at high risk of infection, at a high risk for amputation, and even permanently disfigured. This usually results in years of recovery, physical therapy, and surgeries to help repair the damaged tissue.
If you have been a victim in a truck accident and need to speak with a auto accident lawyer in Denver CO about your injuries, please contact the truck crash lawyer in Denver, CO at Richard J. Banta, P.C. now. We care about getting you the help you need after you have sustained serious injuries and will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve.