Car Accident Lawyer In Denver CO
If you were injured in a car accident, a car accident lawyer Denver CO residents trust, like Richard J. Banta, P.C. may be able to help. He has represented car accident victims like yourself in the past and knows what it takes to create a strong case. A lawyer like Richard may protect your legal rights and see that you get the justice you deserve.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident
Being in a car accident can be a scary experience, but it is important to stay calm. What you do after the accident may impact your ability to get compensation. Here are the steps a car accident lawyer in Denver CO recommends taking after a car accident:
- Contact the police: The first thing to do after a car accident is call the police. They will come to the accident scene and file a police report. This report includes important information about the accident, such as where it happened and the names of everyone involved. Don’t forget to ask for a copy of the police report.
- Take photos: A car accident lawyer Denver CO locals respect suggests taking photos of the accident scene. It may be a good idea to capture shots of the damage to your vehicle, any skid marks, the location of traffic signals and visible bodily injuries.
- Talk to witnesses: Don’t be afraid to talk to bystanders who saw the car accident take place. They may be able to testify on your behalf in court. Remember to get their names and contact information before you leave.
- Seek medical attention: Even if you do not have any visible injuries, you should see a doctor as soon as possible after a car accident. He or she can give you a full examination and determine if you will require treatment or not. Not seeing a doctor right away will not just jeopardize your case; it may also hurt your chances of receiving compensation. As a car accident lawyer Denver CO residents rely on can attest, an insurance company might not believe you are truly hurt if you don’t seek medical attention soon enough.
- Don’t communicate with insurance companies: After a car accident, the insurance company may likely want to speak to you about your injuries. They may try to convince you to accept a low settlement offer. That is why you shouldn’t communicate with them without a Denver car accident lawyer present.
- Hire a lawyer: It is not recommended to tackle a car accident lawsuit on your own. A car accident lawyer Denver CO locals depend on may help you build a strong case and protect your legal rights. He or she can fight for the compensation you deserve. Many car accidents lawyers work on a contingency basis, so you won’t owe yours any money unless you win your case.
If you are searching for a car accident lawyer Denver CO offers, you may want to contact Richard J. Banta, P.C. at 720-704-0010.