Burn Injury Lawyer Denver, CO
Long-Term Effects of Burn Injuries
If you suffered burn injuries in a vehicle collision or other accident, you may suffer many long-term effects. If you’re dealing with a third-degree burn, for example, you may have to stay in the hospital for weeks or months and have multiple surgeries. Doctors will first remove the dead skin from the burned areas of the body. They will then use skin grafts from uninjured parts of the body to cover the burned areas. While this treatment is effective, it carries risks, such as bleeding, loss of sensation and infection.
Even after you’ve had treatments for your burns, you may likely still experience pain and have difficulty doing your regular activities. You may also experience swelling and severe itching as the injury heals.
Other effects of burn injuries include:
- Overheating: A burn injury lawyer in Denver, CO has seen many burn victims struggle with overheating. Severe burns can destroy sweat glands, so burn victims may struggle in hot and humid climates. They may also avoid strenuous exercise to prevent overheating.
- Dry and Cracked Skin: The skin’s sebaceous glands can get destroyed by severe burns, so victims may deal with dry and cracked skin. This not only looks unsightly, but it can also be painful. It’s important to apply a thick lotion daily to keep the tissue moist.
- Psychological Impacts: Burn injuries don’t just result in physical effects. They can also lead to many psychological effects that will last a long time. Burn victims may experience post-traumatic stress after experiencing such a traumatic event. They may feel depressed and anxious and isolate themselves from other people. It’s important for burn victims to seek psychological help to heal from their emotional wounds.
When Burn Injuries Result from Negligence
Unfortunately, many burn injuries are caused by another person’s carelessness. Here are some common causes of burn injuries a burn injury lawyer in Denver, CO sees:
- Car Accidents: When two vehicles collide into each other during an accident, one can catch on fire. This can put anyone involved in the accident at risk of serious burn injuries.
- Electrical Burns: These burns can result from numerous situations, such as faulty wiring in the home or construction site, and lead to internal and external damage to the victim.
- Chemical Burns: As a burn injury lawyer in Denver, CO can confirm, people can suffer chemical burns if they work with chemicals on their job.
Why You Should Hire a Burn Injury Lawyer
If you suffered burns because of another person’s negligence, you have the right to file a lawsuit. However, you shouldn’t do this without the help of a burn injury lawyer Denver, CO residents trust. Here are a few benefits of hiring a lawyer.
- Prove That Your Burn Injury Resulted from Negligence: If you intend to receive compensation for your burn injury, you have to prove that another person or party was negligent. However, this isn’t easy to do. That is why it is so important to have an experienced burn injury lawyer on your side. He or she has handled similar cases in the past and knows exactly what kind of proof you need. For instance, if you suffered burns in a truck accident caused by a fatigued truck driver, your lawyer may request the driver’s log book.
- Improve Your Chances of Receiving Fair Compensation: Burn injuries can result in ongoing healthcare costs. You may not even know when you can return to work. All of this can add to your stress. If you have a skilled burn injury lawyer on your side, you have a better chance of receiving fair compensation. He or she will negotiate with the negligent party’s insurance company and won’t let them take advantage of you.
- Take Your Case to Trial: It is true that the majority of burn injury cases get settled out of the courtroom. However, there is still a chance that your case could go to trial. If the insurance company for example, is refusing to offer a fair settlement, it may be more beneficial to go to court. That is why you need to work with an experienced burn injury lawyer in Denver, CO. He or she will present a strong argument in front of the jury and improve your chances of winning. You will feel more comfortable walking into a courtroom with a confident lawyer on your side.
- Reduce Your Stress: Suffering a burn injury is overwhelming in itself. If you have to handle a lawsuit on your own, it can make things even more stressful. You need to spend time recovering and taking good care of yourself. That’s another reason why you should hire a burn injury lawyer in Denver, CO. He or she will gather the necessary evidence, speak to witnesses and give you a peace of mind.