Burn Injury Lawyer Denver, CO
Long-Term Effects of Burn Injuries
If you suffered burn injuries in a vehicle collision or other accident, you may suffer many long-term effects.
If you’re dealing with a third-degree burn, for example, you may have to stay in the hospital for weeks or months and have multiple surgeries. Doctors will first remove the dead skin from the burned areas of the body. They will then use skin grafts from uninjured parts of the body to cover the burned areas. While this treatment is effective, it carries risks, such as bleeding, loss of sensation and infection.
Even after you’ve had treatments for your burns, you may likely still experience pain and have difficulty doing your regular activities. You may also experience swelling and severe itching as the injury heals.
Other effects of burn injuries include:
- Overheating: A burn injury lawyer in Denver, CO has seen many burn victims struggle with overheating. Severe burns can destroy sweat glands, so burn victims may struggle in hot and humid climates. They may also avoid strenuous exercise to prevent overheating.
- Dry and Cracked Skin: The skin’s sebaceous glands can get destroyed by severe burns, so victims may deal with dry and cracked skin. This not only looks unsightly, but it can also be painful. It’s important to apply a thick lotion daily to keep the tissue moist.
- Psychological Impacts: Burn injuries don’t just result in physical effects. They can also lead to many psychological effects that will last a long time. Burn victims may experience post-traumatic stress after experiencing such a traumatic event. They may feel depressed and anxious and isolate themselves from other people. It’s important for burn victims to seek psychological help to heal from their emotional wounds.
When Burn Injuries Result from Negligence
Unfortunately, many burn injuries are caused by another person’s carelessness. Here are some common causes of burn injuries a burn injury lawyer in Denver, CO sees:
- Car Accidents: When two vehicles collide into each other during an accident, one can catch on fire. This can put anyone involved in the accident at risk of serious burn injuries.
- Electrical Burns: These burns can result from numerous situations, such as faulty wiring in the home or construction site, and lead to internal and external damage to the victim.
- Chemical Burns: As a burn injury lawyer in Denver, CO can confirm, people can suffer chemical burns if they work with chemicals on their job.